Moxa is a Rail-certified
global leader in a wide range of IP-based communications solutions. Now, Moxa
is contributing its networking expertise and innovative technologies to the
railway industry through new market-specific solutions and membership in IEC
railway committees. Railway operators world-wide have discovered new
operational efficiencies by deploying Moxa’s unique time and cost-saving
railway technologies, such as intelligent wireless inter-carriage connections,
millisecond-speed Ethernet redundancy, and WLAN roaming solutions. With over 25
years of experience in industrial networking, Moxa has a time-tested record of
developing products with longevity. By designing for long MTBF, owning all the
core component IP, and building long term partnerships, Moxa helps railway
integrators create sustainable solutions with low life-cycle costs for building
or upgrading passenger comfort and network operations.
Moxa Rail Certifications
Moxa Rail Applications
Onboard Networking and Computing Solutions
On modern trains, multiple
railway systems are deployed to ensure
safe and enjoyable journeys for passengers. To ensure smooth on trains,
Moxa provides a
variety of products that are based on the EN 50155
wired and wireless devices, computing equipment,
controllers that fulfill requirements for different onboard systems.
- TRAIN COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (TCN)
- Ethernet switches and programmable controllers that are based on the IEC 61375 standard.
- Turbo Ring is a self-healing technology that enables fast fault recovery under 20 ms.
- The intelligent inter-consist Ethernet redundancy - Dynamic Ring Coupling (DRC) uses auto-configuration when consists are re-arranged.
- CCTV & Passenger Information System (PIS)
- Gigabit Ethernet and wireless solutions with data rates of up to 300 Mbps to ensure seamless video data transmissions.
- Network video recorders with a vibration-proof design and flexible storage space.
- Condition Monitoring Systems
- Our programmable controllers have I/O, CAN, and Ethernet contained in a single compact housing unit for use in space-limited environments.
- 2-wire Ethernet technology can run up to 100 Mbps Ethernet on two legacy cables with a bypass function that allows legacy devices to join IP networks.
- Passenger Wi-Fi
- Onboard Wi-Fi AP that supports secure client access and data rates of up to 300 Mbps.
- Gigabit Ethernet switches that provide sufficient bandwidth for multimedia services.
AWK-3131A-RCC Series, TN-5900 Series, TN-G6500 Series, V2406C Series, VPort 06-2 Series, MPC-2121 Series
Train-to-Ground Wireless Communication
Wireless technologies are frequently used in
to develop bi-directional communication. Moxa
provides WLAN and an
onboard communication gateway that can fulfill
the system requirements
for vital data communication systems such as
CBTC. In addition, our
solutions can meet the requirements for
non-vital data communication
such as passenger information systems.
- Vital Data Communication - CBTC
- Controller-based Turbo Roaming supports 50 ms handoff times on high-speed trains, multiple-channel roaming, and the IEEE 802.11i standard for secure communications.
- AeroLink Protection provides wireless redundancy at the network level that ensures failover times of less than 300 ms to avoid any single point of failure for radio communication on trains.
- Wayside wireless units integrate dual radio AP, managed fiber switches, and multiple power supplies (AC & DC) in one box that is suitable for outdoor deployment.
- Non-vital Communication
- Onboard and trackside wireless AP/clients provide fast handover times with Turbo Roaming and data rates of up to 300 Mbps for video data transmissions.
- Intelligent multiple wireless WAN communication systems with different wireless interfaces such as Wi-Fi, UTMS, HSPA, and LTE for trains that travel long distances.
IKS-G6824A Series, TAP-213 Series, UC-8580 Series, WAC-1001 Series
Wayside Networking and Controller
Wayside signaling and
telecommunication systems that are used along
the trackside require large
networks to collect and transmit data back to
the control center. Some
systems also have to collect extra data from
railroad turnouts and level
crossings in order to ensure smooth daily
operations. Moxa’s Ethernet
switches and programmable controllers
are compliant with the
wayside EN 50121 standard to meet these
- WAYSIDE COMMUNICATION NETWORK
- V-On technology optimizes networks for multicast and unicast traffic and can ensure millisecond-level network recovery times to form a smooth wayside converged network.
- Turbo Chain provides fast self-healing functionality to ensure network recovery on large wayside networks in less than 20 ms.
- MXstudio is a network management suite that simplifies mass configuration and can monitor and manage up to 2000 nodes in real time, which is ideal for large wayside networks.
DA-720 Series, ICS-G7828A Series, IKS-6728A Series, V2416A Series, V2616A Series, MXstudio Series