Moxa’s CP-112UL/UL-I Series of multiport serial boards are designed to be used by industrial automation system integrators for long-distance, multipoint, PC-based data acquisition applications. On-chip Automatic Data Direction Control for precision RS-485 communication requires precise timing control for enabling and disabling the line driver. Moxa’s Turbo Serial Engine™ chip that powers the CP-112UL/UL-I boards comes with on-chip ADDC®, which makes RS-485 as easy to use as RS-232. The boards come with 2 RS-422/485 serial ports, both of which can achieve data rates up to 921.6 kbps. In RS-485 mode, the serial port can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS-485 devices within a range of 1.2 km. For longdistance RS-485 communication, 2 kV electrical isolation protection is available to prevent equipment damage.
Moxa continues to support a wide variety of operating systems, and the CP-112UL/UL-I boards are no exception. Reliable Windows, Linux, and UNIX drivers are provided for all Moxa boards, and other operating systems, such as WEPOS, are also supported for embedded integration.
- 2 x RS-232/422/485 Serial Ports
- 1 x M25 to 2 x DB9-M cable
- Over 700 kbps data throughput for top performance
- 128-byte FIFO and on-chip H/W, S/W flow control
- Universal PCI compatible with 3.3/5 V PCI and PCI-X
- 921.6 kbps maximum baudrate for fast data transmission
- Drivers provided for a broad selection of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and UNIX
- Easy maintenance with built-in LEDs
- 2 kv Isolation