The CP-132UL and CP-132UL-I are 2-port Universal PCI boards designed for industrial automation applications that require a long-distance, multipoint, PC-based data acquisition solution. RS-485 communication requires precise timing control to enable and disable the line driver. Our Turbo Serial Engine™ chip that powers the CP-132UL/UL-I boards comes with on-chip ADDC®, which makes RS-485 as easy to use as RS-232. The CP-132UL/UL-I Universal PCI boards have two RS-422/485 serial ports, both of which can achieve data rates of up to 921.6 kbps. In RS-485 mode, the boards can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS-485 devices within a range of 1.2 km. For long-distance RS-485 communication, choose the CP-132UL-I model, which comes with 2 kV electrical isolation protection to prevent equipment damage.
- Over 800 kbps data throughput for top performance
- 921.6 kbps maximum baudrate for fast data transmission
- ADDC® provides automatic data direction control for RS-485 signals
- Transmit data up to 1.2 km with RS-422/485
- Wide-temperature model available for -40 to 85°C environments